The Johnson Funeral Home of Painesville, Ohio was founded in 1938 by Charles F. Johnson and Marjorie Lapham Johnson. For thirty years the funeral home was located on the corner of N. State Street and Phelps Street in downtown Painesville where the current Morley Library now stands.
In 1968, due to Urban Renewal of Downtown Painesville, the Johnson Family moved the funeral home into a beautiful Tudor style home opposite Lake Erie College in the Historic District of Painesville. This is still the present location at 368 Mentor Avenue (U.S. RT. 20). The funeral home is currently owned and operated by the second and third generation of the Johnson Family, Richard, his wife Carol and their son Charles. The tradition that was set forth by Charles and Marjorie Johnson over 75 years ago of offering compassionate care, exceptional service, and affordability will be carried on for many more years.